Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Snowpocalypse

That's right, it's the SNOWPOCALYPSE!  It's been the coldest, snowiest winter here in Minnesota in quite some time.  Last night into today, we received another 10-12 inches of snow.  Then the temperature dropped down to a balmy -12.  Just in time for everyone to go clear out their driveways:) 
 ^The view from our dining room





^This wall of snow is now about 4 feet tall and runs the length of the driveway




Success!

Anyway, I spent just over two hours shoveling out our driveway (yes we have a snow blower, but it's stuck behind a car that's not running and another car that is covered in snow and blocked in the driveway by above mentioned snowpocalypse).  While I was out shoveling, I made a list of PROs and CONs of shoveling in my head...here they are:

PROS:
1. I don't need to work out today
2. If this snow keeps up, I will be super buff by Spring
3. I spotted five trumpeter swans flying by while shoveling
4. The snow looks really pretty on all of the trees
5.  Despite the cold temperature and gusting winds, I'm warm from all the physical labor

CONS:
1. I am finding fewer and fewer reasons to stay in Minnesota
2. I don't own snow pants (yes, I know I live in MN, but if I bought snow pants it would be like admitting that I live here, right?  Besides, every time I think of buying snow pants, I immediately think that I'd rather buy shoes or a cute top or nail polish or a new purse or...)
3. The plow truck is going to come by again and completely erase all that hard work I just did to clear out the three and a half foot wall of snow at the end of our driveway 
4. This snow is heavy and icy and extremely hard to throw up onto the mountain of snow I've created
5. Matt is out of town
6. I'm running out of room to put snow, and I'm pretty sure  I won't be able to see in either direction when backing out of our driveway
7. I hate snow

Just as I was finishing shoveling enough to get my car out of the driveway, a bobcat skid-steer looking machine came driving down the road, saw me, and stopped to clear out the other side of the driveway for me.  To whoever that kind man was, THANK YOU!  You are amazing and may just be my best friend now.  I guess that's one more item to add to the PROs list:) 

Happy Snowpocalypse everyone!  We are all going to be so buff by Spring;)

4 comments: