Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

DIY Sign

So as some of you may be, I am completely addicted to Pinterest.  I have decided that instead of just pinning away tons of projects and recipes for some far-off, imaginary day that I will try them all, I am going to start completing some of my pins!  Here's one that I decided to try:

I found a quote on pinterest that I just love (okay, one of the many that I just love!).  So I put my creative thinking cap on.

I decided to make a canvas sign with the saying on it and hang it up in Elijah's room. 


Here's what I used:

A blank white canvas board and some "Paint Pens" that I found at a local craft store.





Here's how it turned out:
"I am your parent, you are my child
I am your quiet place, you are my wild
I am your calm face, you are my giggle
I am your wait, you are my wiggle
I am your dinner, you are my chocolate cake
I am your bedtime, you are my wide awake
I am your lullaby, you are my peekaboo
I am your goodnight kiss, you are my I love you"




I found a free font alphabet that I liked and just practiced writing it freehand a few times, then wrote it onto the canvas.  I think next time I would try painting the canvas a base coat of white first, then writing with the paint pens.  It didn't come out perfect, but I'm hoping it just adds to the charm:) 

Maybe this will inspire you to try out one of your pins...or at least go onto Pinterest and find some projects to do in the future ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment