Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

House Projects

When we bought our house in January of 2011, we knew we were buying a fixer-upper.  The house was in foreclosure and needed a lot of work even before we moved in.  We took out all the carpeting on the upper level, painted the entire upper level, and gutted the kitchen and completely re-did it, all before moving into the house.  The rest of the updates have come slowly as we've lived here...and as we've saved up money to do another project.  Thankfully my husband is amazing and can do all the projects himself, so we save a lot of money not having to hire anybody!  I just wanted to share some of the most recent projects we've completed (okay, mostly Matt has completed, but I do help too!). 

Here is what the bathroom looked like when we bought the house (notice the dark red walls in a bathroom with no windows):




Here is the antique dresser we found for a great deal at a local shop (Matt already started getting it ready before I could get a picture):



Here is my husband hard at work:







And...

Here's the finished product!




He also made me this awesome storage unit for towels since we don't have a lot of closet space!

What a great guy, huh?





Well, we are continually doing projects around here, so I will post the newest ones as we finish. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I love the bathroom remodel! Using old dressers is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete